If you’re just getting into the sport or want to get up and running right away, get one of the below best pickleball sets and you’ll have just about everything you need (minus a court!) to get playing right away.
To get fully kitted out, check out my complete list of equipment you need to play pickleball.
(And if you want to get started improving how you play, head over to our article on 13 pickleball drills.)
Looking to improve your game?
Check out this excellent pickleball video training course from High Performance Pickleball Academy. (Affiliate link) They break down the game into 8 key skills and instruct you on how to master them.
Without the right gear, you won’t be able to play this highly popular paddleball sport, which is why we love these sets. Below, you’ll find four of the most affordable yet high-quality pickleball sets you can get your hands on.
(Some of the below links are affiliate links which means we get paid a bit if you click through and buy something — don’t worry it doesn’t add anything to your cost! Just helps keep the site running.)
Best Pickleball Paddle Sets Reviews
With a graphite face and polymer core, the Amazin’ Aces Signature Pickleball paddles feel great in your hands and look fantastic on the court, as well. With the ability to choose between a single or a set of paddles, you’ll be well equipped for your upcoming game. There are numerous other great features to consider, as well.
The responsive graphite face is one of the most notable features of these pickleball paddles, as it gives you better control when hitting the ball. Also, you will love the feeling of the honeycomb polymer core to help you capture the most power behind every swing.
In comparison to other paddles, these have been USAPA-approved, so you can guarantee that you’ll have the perfect gear for a tournament. There is also a paddle cover and edge guard included with every paddle to protect your gear. Edge guards will help extend the life of the paddles and protect them when you (inevitably, as a beginner) bang the paddle into something!
These paddles are built to have a solid but not too heavy weight of just over eight ounces, which gives you the perfect combination of balance and control. Also, you’ll receive four balls and an athletic bag, so you can get onto the court as soon as possible.
- Midweight design
- Offers optimal control out of these reviewed sets
- Well suited for beginner players
- Creates stronger serves
- Includes: 4 balls, athletic bag, paddle cover, edge guards, 2 paddles
- Not recommended for players that need a lightweight paddle (for example, if you have an injury)
- May start chipping after playing with it extensively
Another excellent option for pickleball enthusiasts is the JP WinLook Pickleball Paddle Set, which arrives with an accessories kit, ultra grip, and a portable case to keep all of your belongings safe.
If you’re in the market for a set of two paddles, this is one of the better options available. You’ll also like them better if you’re more of a lightweight than a midweight paddle user.
The pickleball paddles that come with this set are more lightweight than the previous paddles we discussed. With a weight of just over seven ounces, these should be slightly easier to handle for beginners or if you’re concerned about an injury. You’ll also love the graphite carbon fiber face, which gives you power-hitting without taking away from your control.
Accuracy is critical with this pickleball kit, and you’ll find the high-quality graphite carbon fiber face provides more accurate shots. Also, the durable surface will add a particular spin to your balls for far more effective shots.
The handles of these paddles are also something to make a note of as they have elite overgrip wraps. These wraps help make sure you have the most control over handling the paddles without the worry of slippage. You’ll also receive a storage bag for your convenience.
- Comfortable grip
- High-quality materials
- Professional look
- Lighter weight paddle for more control
- Grips may come apart
- Lighter weight paddle does not give you as much power
- Poorly made balls
As another product from Amazin’ Aces, we highly recommend this pickleball paddle set because it is built with the everyday player in mind.
Not only that, but it also includes a couple of extras that you will be sure to put to good use. Perfect for experienced and beginner players alike, these paddles have plenty to offer.
Similar to the other Amazin’ Aces paddles, these pickleball sets are made from graphite and have a particular polymer core. With the honeycomb polymer core, you’ll find the paddles will absorb most of the shock so that you can capitalize on your swings. The graphite face is also well suited for providing the perfect ball spin and distribution of power.
As this product comes in a set, you’ll receive two graphite paddles, four pickleball, and a mesh bag to keep everything safe. Every order will also receive an exclusive eBook that teaches you more about pickleball and how to make the most out of every game.
With a weight of just over eight ounces, these paddles are mid-weight, but you’ll appreciate the power that the extra weight brings. There’s a large sweet spot on the graphite face as well, which makes it easier to get a solid hit.
- Handles are very comfortable
- Very well balanced
- Have a fantastic pop
- NOT USAPA-approved
- The paddle is on the heavier side
- Mesh bag doesn’t store paddles
Perfect for players searching for USAPA-approved paddles, the Niupipo Pickleball Paddles have a funky and reliable design. They’re the ideal option for someone who wants more balance with their game, as well as better strength. Plenty of the features of these paddles are similar to the other models we’ve discussed.
The two key features of these pickleball paddle sets are its graphite carbon fiber face and its honeycomb core. With the high-quality materials used on the front, you’ll have the ideal amount of stiffness without making the paddles too heavy. These are somewhere between having optimal control and being able to create powerful hits.
The honeycomb polymer core is sandwiched between two sheets of fiberglass which provides for a solid, powerful paddle. You’ll easily be able to strike numerous balls without the worry of losing control. Also, we love the premium grip that is sweat-absorbent, perfectly padded, and perforated for the most comfortable play.
Overall, the Niupipo Pickleball Paddles weighs similar to other pickleball paddles at eight ounces. If you’re more of a lightweight player, you’ll want to opt for paddles that are a little less heavy such as the JP WinLook Pickleball Paddle Set. In its design, these paddles have ergonomic features to help distribute the weight evenly to take the stress off your elbows and shoulders.
- Two paddle covers included
- Plenty of cushioning
- Handles are comfortable
- Easy to swing
- Not incredibly responsive
- Unlike the other sets, this does NOT include balls
Pickleball Set Buying Guide – What to look out for when evaluating
- What is included in a pickleball set? The major difference between pickleball sets is going to be whether you are talking about one with a net included or not. I personally would not recommend buying a complete set that includes a net. Buy that separately. Besides, if you’re looking for a set you are probably just getting started out so buy the set, play a few times and then decide if you want a net. The second most important factor is the number of paddles. If you want to pull together a doubles game with your set you’ll need a 4-paddle set or to buy two 2-paddle sets. Another difference is whether the set includes pickleballs. This should be a minor factor because balls are generally fairly cheap compared to everything else and they do wear out after playing with them (some pretty quickly) so again, nice to have but not required. Finally, does it include other accessories such as a paddle cover, a bag or carry case to carry it all, a grip, etc.
- How good are the paddles? Again, given that people buying a pickle ball paddle set are generally beginners, the paddles included are not going to be top of the line. However, that doesn’t mean you should completely neglect looking at the paddles. We’ve included a bunch of sets that have pretty good paddles. To boil it down though: don’t buy a wooden paddle. It just won’t give you a good sense of what it’s like to play pickleball with a modern paddle. You’ll notice none of our recommendations include wooden paddles as an option. Wooden paddles are very cheap but just for a few bucks more you can get paddles that will last longer and be much more enjoyable to play with.
- What are you looking to spend? We have tried to focus on middle of the road costs in the recommendations (though price is subject to change, obviously) while not skimping on quality too much. As noted you could go super cheap and get wooden paddles (not recommended) or go high end, but in that case you are better off buying an individual paddle best suited to your needs in terms of weight, material, shape, etc and you can learn about the best cheap pickleball paddles here. and you can learn about the best cheap pickleball paddles here. .
- When should you consider a set? If you’re a beginner and want to play with another beginner who doesn’t have a paddle, a set is a great, cost effective bet. Particularly if it includes balls since you can head right out to the closest court to play. However, if you are sure you’ll be playing pickleball on a regular basis you might want to focus on picking the best paddle for you regardless of whether it’s in a set or not.
- If you are looking for nets, head over to our pickleball net reviews here.
- If you’re looking for individual top paddle recommendations check that link out.
Overall, we’ve found that the Amazin’ Aces Signature Pickleball Paddles is the best pickleball set you should consider. With a comfortable and highly responsive design, you can make the most out of your time on the court. Also, they are USAPA-approved, which makes them perfect for more serious tournament play in case you get more serious about your game!
And while you’re at it, why not round it out with a Pickleball Sling Bag to carry all of your new equipment!
Last update on 2021-04-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API